- 500g fish pieces
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- ½ tbsp chilli powder
- 4-5 green chillies
- 1 inch ginger
- 2-3 strands of curry leaves
- 1 tbsp mustard oil for marination
- oil to shallow fry
- Marinate the cleaned fish pieces with salt, cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, chilli powder and 1 tbsp of mustard oil. Let it marinate for 30 minutes.
- Take a frying pan and heat some oil for shallow fry. I used 4-5 tbsp of oil.
- Place the fish pieces in oil and fry them on medium flame for 20-25 minutes with occasional flipping until the outer layer of fish is lightly crispy.
- Transfer the fried fish pieces into a plate and garnish them with fried green chillies and curry leaves.
- Serve it hot with some good rasam rice.