- 500g finely chopped raw jackfruit
- Lemon sized tamarind soaked in water
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon grated jaggery
- salt to taste
- 4 garlic pods
- 1 inch ginger
- 3 dried red chillies
- 1 teaspoon Hing
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ tablespoon chana dal
- ½ tablespoon urad dal
- 3 strands of curry leaves
- oil for seasoning
- Take the finely grated raw jackfruit in a thick bottom pan and add water to it till it is covered fully. Add salt and turmeric powder and boil it for 10 minutes on medium flame.
- Let it cool and then drain the excess water.
- In a kadai, add oil for tadka and add hing, cumin seeds, chana dal, urad dal, garlic pods, red chillies and ginger, saute it for a minute and add curry leaves to it.
- Add the boiled jackfruit to this tadka and stir well.
- Add the tamarind pulp to it and add a bit of salt to adjust the taste.
- Cook it on medium flame for 5 minutes and then add mustard powder and grater jaggery to it. Cook it for 2-3 more minutes and turn off the flame.
- Serve it with rasam or sambar.