10 Long Green Chillies
1 tablespoon crushed ajwain
salt to taste
1 cup Besan
2 tablespoon rice flour
1 teaspoon cooking soda
1 pinch turmeric powder
Oil to deep fry
- In a bowl squeeze the lemon and add crushed ajwain and salt to it. Mix it well and keep it aside.
- In another bowl, take besan, rice flour,salt, cooking soda, turmeric powder and mix well. Add water little by little and mix the batter till you get the consistency of bajji batter.
- Slit the chillies and deseed them. Coat the inside of the chillies with lemon and ajwain mix. Make sure that you apply oil to your hands before doing this. Else there are high chances that they may get burnt. I generally use the squeezed lemon shell to apply the mixture into the chillies. Keep them aside for atleast 10-15 minutes.
- Coat the chillies with besan batter evenly.
- Heat the oil and deep fry the chillies on medium to high flame till they are golden brown from all side.
- Serve them hot with tomato sauce or slit them and fill it with finely chopped onions and squeeze lemon on it.